Burt concludes Europe trip
David Burt has completed his visit to Europe where he spoke on numerous topics including blockchain in Bermuda.
The Premier's trip included visits to Paris for the OECD Blockchain Summit, the Eurofi Financial Forum in Vienna, and Brussels, where he was the guest speaker at Abir's 11th Annual International Insurance Regulatory Issues Dialogue.
During today's Abir conference, the Premier addressed attendees including the European Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, Christos Stylianides.
Other participants included representatives of Bermuda and the international reinsurance industry.
The focus of the International Insurance Regulatory Issues Dialogue was natural catastrophes and Mr Burt joined a panel discussion which highlighted the importance of reinsurance.
As the Premier described his visit as: “instructive, productive and successful”.
He added: “We have had direct engagement with critical representatives of significant organisations on substantive economic matters.
“Such engagement and outreach is an important component to ensuring Bermuda's success, and we are gratified that we have been well received.
“We are committed to ensuring that Bermuda remains the jurisdiction of choice for insurance and reinsurance and that means that we must maintain close and productive relations with our European partners.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service