Tomasz Tabor Hospitality Scholarship
In October 2017, the Bermuda Hospitality Institute (BHI) partnered with the friends of Tomasz Tabor for the fourth annual Tomasz Tabor Memorial Golf Tournament at the Belmont Hills Golf Course. Mr. Tabor was a well-known and beloved chef who tragically lost his life in a road traffic accident in February 2014.
The tournament raised $13,000 and the Bermuda Hospitality Institute established the: Tomasz Tabor Hospitality Scholarship.
Malika Cartwright Executive Director of BHI said, “The Hospitality Institute is committed to support those students seeking tourism-related careers.” She went on to say, “The future of hospitality and tourism lies with our youth, and the Hospitality Institute is seriously committed to doing its part to develop the future leaders of the tourism industry. I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to the friends of Mr. Tabor for taking the initiative to partner with as we work to develop the future leaders of the Bermuda tourism industry.”
Each student received $3000:
• Jaidah Bailey attends the University of Nevada in Las Vegas. Jaidah is completing her final year of her bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, with a concentration in gaming.
• Lennae Edwards – is pursuing her Bachelor's in Tourism Management at St. Mary's University
• Imani Wedderburn – Pursuing a Bachelor's in Hotel Management at Johnson & Wales in Charlotte, North Carolina.
The remaining $4000 will be put towards BHI programs such as Jr. Chef.
Ms. Cartwright congratulated all the students and reiterated the Hospitality Institute's commitment in continuing to support those seeking tourism-related careers.
The 5th Annual Tomasz Tabor Memorial Golf Tournament and Raffle is scheduled for Monday, September 24, 2018 at Port Royal Golf Club. For more information on this year's tournament and where you can purchase raffle tickets visit www.bhi.bm
• Press release from the Bermuda Hospitality Institute
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service