Court Street resurfacing to disrupt traffic
Traffic will be disrupted in the City of Hamilton for about two days for road resurfacing work.
The junction of Court and Angle Streets will be closed from today at 6am until the work is completed, which is expected to be by 4pm tomorrow.
Traffic heading south on Court Street from Tills Hill will be redirected right on to Ewing Street.
Vehicles travelling north will need to go left on to Elliott Street and Angle Street traffic will be redirected to Princess Street.
A city spokeswoman said: “The city apologises for the late notice but a cancellation in the schedule of the asphalting company gave the city an opportunity to get the work done in a timely fashion before more deterioration of the roadway.”
Ian Hind, city senior engineer, said: “The city will be hand delivering the traffic notice to as many residents and businesses in the direct area that may be affected by the repaving.
“We realise that the short notice is not ideal but we had to jump on the chance to get the work done so that the improvements could be done as soon as possible.
“By Friday afternoon, a newly paved road surface will be a benefit to all.”
Barriers and signs will be in place to help motorists with the diversions.
• To view the City of Hamilton's Traffic Notice, click on the PDF link under “Related Media”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service