Two new members for Media Council
Bermemes and SheHub.tv have joined the Media Council of Bermuda.
Veteran journalist Carla Zuill, who previously ran the news site Today in Bermuda, is the founder of SheHub.tv, a website dedicated to women.
Dejon Simmons founded Bermemes, which won The Bermudian magazine's Best of Bermuda Award and had won numerous other Best of Bermuda awards.
Don Burgess, the CEO for the Media Council of Bermuda, said: “We are proud to have these two excellent digital outlets join us. The media landscape is quickly changing as more people continue to get their news from online sources.
“Bermemes has branched out from its humble beginnings and regular post interviews with politicians, artists, and cultural pacesetters in Bermuda. Shehub.tv is exploring a road less travelled by other media in Bermuda and focusing solely on women's issues, which I think is innovative.”
Mr Simmons said: “I am more than humbled to have Bermemes a part of Bermuda's Media Council. I look forward to working with the experienced members of the Media Council and offering my expertise where possible.”
Ms Zuill added: “I am pleased that SheHub.tv has been accepted into the Media Council and I am hoping that women in Bermuda and beyond will benefit from its content. I am looking forward to growing this brand in the years to come.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service