All change at Human Rights Commission
The Human Rights Commission has completely replaced its board as 12 new people were named as the latest appointments today.
Vaughan Caines, a barrister and member of the parole board, will be the chairman and his deputy will be Ed Ball Jr, who is the general secretary at the Bermuda Public Services Union.
The other commissioners listed were Alex Potts, Charleda Mahon Gibbons, Cristen Seuss, Kai Musson, James McCulloch, Rajeev Goonewardene, Ravi Pachai, Mary Lodge, Jessica Steede and Stacey-Lee Williams.
Their appointments were published on the Government's Official Gazette. It came after concerns were raised by previous commissioners that none of their cohort had been reappointed for the 2019-21 term.
Fears were raised that continuity would be lost and important work could “fall between the cracks” if every board member was replaced.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service