No one hurt in fire at MWI
Fire crews were called to the Mid-Atlantic Wellness Institute in Devonshire this morning.
A spokesman for the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service said the call was received just after 9.50am.
He added that three fire engines were sent from the Hamilton station.
The spokesman said the fire was caused by a sterno - a jellied fuel source in a tin - which had fallen over and set fire to a plastic tablecloth.
He added that crews put out the flames with a chemical powder extinguisher.
The BFRS spokesman added: “The room, which had filled with smoke from the fire, was then ventilated using a smoke extractor set up by firefighters.
“There were no injuries.”