New Life regain top spot
New Life regained pole position in the Senior Winter League standings after getting the better of Warwick Pink Panthers during the weekend’s round of netball action at Bernard Park.
Deborah DeShields poured in a game-high 33 points to lead New Life to a 59-39 win over Panthers that catapulted them into the top spot on goal difference over second-placed YMSC Lady Bluebirds who have a game in hand on the leaders.
Kirsten Saltus had 24 points for Pink Panthers who slumped to their ninth loss of the season.
YMSC Lady Bluebirds kept their unbeaten record intact after getting past NVCC Lady Rams 59-32 with Ebonie Burgess leading the charge with 34 points. Nikita Trott replied with 29 points for Lady Rams who remain sixth in the ten-team standings.
Defending Winter League champs Data Tech lost further ground on the leaders after losing to Signworx 25-18.
Elsewhere, sisters Jahkenya (26) and Jahtuere (14) Trott accounted for all of Smooth and Easy Tigers’ scoring in a 40-27 win over YMSC Blazing Bluebirds who were led by Fredericka Samuels’ 21 points.
The remaining match saw DC Warriors thump NVCC Lady Rams Too 43-4 in the battle of the cellar dwellers. Stacey O’Brien led the Warriors’ scoring with 33 points and was assisted by Michelle Edwards who added ten points.
In junior netball action, YMSC Bluebird Young’uns won the Under 14 Knockout Tournament after getting past Data Tech 7-3 in the final.
Under-12 Winter League play saw league leaders Netts Whites beat YMSC Baby Bluebirds 21-6, second-placed NVCC Lady Rams defeated Devonshire Colts 20-7 while Netts Greens got the better of Cougars Cubs 19-8.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service