Whaley scores touchdown
Devwah Whaley, the University of Arkansas running back, extended his impressive touchdown streak dating back to last season.
However, it was not enough to prevent the Razorbacks from suffering their first defeat of the season away to Colorado State at Canvas Stadium on Saturday.
The Bermudian ran from three yards out into the end zone to cap a 14-play, 73-yard drive that gave the Razorbacks a 7-3 lead late in the first quarter. The touchdown was Whaley's second of the season.
He has now scored a touchdown in eight consecutive games.
Whaley rushed for 165 yards on 26 carries with a longest of 18 yards against Colorada State, who overcame an 18-point deficit in the second half to come away with a hard fought 34-27 win on their home turf.
Arkansas fell to 1-1 for the season while Colorado State, the underdogs going into the match, improved to 1-2.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service