Trio chosen for Youth Olympics
Swimmers Madelyn Moore and Kai Legband and sprinter Clevonte Lodge-Bean have been chosen to represent Bermuda at next month's Youth Olympic Games in Argentina.
The Bermuda Olympic Association confirmed the team yesterday, naming the three-member team to compete from October 6 to 18 in Buenos Aires.
Moore, 18, will compete in the women's 100 metres freestyle, 50 metres backstroke, 50 metres butterfly and 50 metres freestyle, while Legband, also 18, will see action in the men's 50 and 100 metres freestyle.
Lodge-Bean, 16, will compete in the 400 metres. The team will be accompanied by Zoenique Williams, who will be the chef de mission.
Brenda Dale, the BOA vice-president who is also attending the Games as a BOA representative, said: “The BOA congratulates these three young athletes on their upcoming participation in the Buenos Aires Summer Youth Olympic Games.
“We are proud to have them represent Bermuda and we wish them the very best in competition.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service