Burt set to deliver Budget on February 17
An “ongoing commitment” to supporting the “hardworking people of Bermuda” will be the focus of the Budget to be announced next month, the Premier and minister of finance said today.
David Burt will present his statement to the House of Assembly on February 17.
He said: “The dedicated Ministry of Finance team and I have been working on the 2023-2024 Budget for several months,
“This Budget will outline our continuing path towards economic recovery and focus on our ongoing commitment to providing relief to the hardworking people of Bermuda.”
The statement will lay out allocated funds for each government department.
It will be followed a week later by the One Bermuda Alliance Opposition’s formal Budget reply and a general economic debate.
A government spokeswoman said: "Thereafter the House and then the Senate will consider various departments, debating the estimates of revenue and expenditure in a debate schedule determined by the Opposition.“
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service