Premier to hold reception for Bermudians in London
David Burt is asking Bermudian university students and recent graduates in Britain to join him for dinner in London next week.
The Bermuda “dinner and dialogue” event is taking place as part of the Premier’s visit to the British capital for the coronation of the King.
A government spokesperson said: “Next week’s dinner will present a very unique opportunity to engage with young members of Bermuda’s diaspora in the UK.
“The dinner will be held on Thursday, May 11, 2023 at a venue in Central London.
“We encourage students and recent graduates wishing to attend to e-mail the Government’s London office at the earliest opportunity.”
People interested in the event can register at bdalondonoffice.co.uk and find more information about it by e-mailing email@example.com.
While in London, Mr Burt will also attend the annual Joint Ministerial Council with elected leaders of the Overseas Territories. It is chaired by Lord Goldsmith, the Minister for Overseas Territories.
The JMC is the highest political forum between the British Government and governments of the Overseas Territories.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service