Armour sets up new ILS investment firm
Armour Group Holdings Ltd has formed a new Bermuda investment management firm focused exclusively on insurance-linked products.
ILS Investment Management Ltd said the that initial insurance-linked strategies development will be “aimed at providing investors unique, non-correlating opportunities in the non-catastrophe based sectors of the property and casualty market”.
Many insurance-linked investment products, such as catastrophe bonds, are linked to the occurrence of natural disasters. The non-catastrophe sector, however, is “not well served by existing investment ILS products,” Armour said in a statement.
Brad Huntington and John Williams, the two founding principals of Armour Group, will assume senior management roles in ILS Investment Management Ltd.
In order to focus on the development and operation of the ILS asset management business, Mr Huntington and Mr Williams, who bring more than 50 years’ combined experience in the non-catastrophe based sectors of the property and casualty markets, will concurrently relinquish any day-to-day operational role in the Armour Risk services division of the Armour Group.
The pair also previously acted as founders and principals in the investment manager for Brevan Howard P&C Master Fund, a non-catastrophe property and casualty-focused ILS fund.
Armour Group is a Bermuda-based group of insurance, reinsurance and service companies which specialise in solutions and acquisitions within the distressed, discontinued and other specialty sectors of the global insurance and reinsurance marketplace.
Useful website: www.armourholdings.com
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service