Munro joins Alterra as SVP
Alterra Bermuda announced that Ben Munro has joined the company as a senior vice-president with the Professional Liability Insurance underwriting team. Mr Munro will be concentrating on directors’ and officers’ liability insurance and other executive liability products.
“As a result of Ben’s time with Chartis Excess, his underwriting skills and reputation in the Bermuda market are well known , and we are excited that he is back on the island with Alterra,” the company said in a statement.
Mr Munro joins Alterra from the Chubb Insurance Company of Canada, where he acted as manager of Chubb’s Department of Financial Institutions in Toronto. From 2004 to 2010, Mr Munro worked in Bermuda with Chartis Cat Excess, most recently as vice-president and Global Financial Institutions product manager. He began his career with the Chubb Insurance Company of Canada in 1999.
Mr Munro graduated from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, Canada in 1999, where he earned a Bachelor of Commerce degree. He also holds a bilingual certificate (French) from the province of Ontario.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service