Allied World changes will not impact Bermuda staffing
Allied World Assurance Company Holdings has announced the centralisation of its global reinsurance operations.
The move will see the company’s various business lines reporting to the company’s global President and COO, John Bender.
According to Allied World, based in Zug, Switzerland, the move will not affect staffing or underwriting operations in Bermuda or any of their other offices.
“This is primarily for internal organisational purposes,” said a company spokesperson. “It will be smoother for our clients in the long run.”
She added that clients will continue to liaise with their usual points of contact.
The re-organisation will see Thomas McKevitt remain as executive vice president, Bermuda Reinsurance and will assume the additional responsibility of Global Property, CAT manager. In this role, he will be responsible for the development and execution of the property and property/cat reinsurance strategies globally. Mr McKevitt will continue to oversee the Bermuda reinsurance operations.
Kevin Marine has been appointed executive vice president, International & Global Specialty. Mr Marine will continue to manage the marine, aviation and crop businesses globally as well as directly oversee Allied World’s reinsurance teams in Asia and Europe.
Thomas Kelly has been appointed COO for Allied World Reinsurance Company, a title he will share with Mr Bender. In this role, he will assume responsibility for all US reinsurance operations and administration. He will also maintain his current responsibilities as chief underwriting officer for Allied World’s US reinsurance operations.
“These strategic changes will help our clients better manage their global risk exposures,” said Mr Bender. “I am extremely confident in the abilities of Kevin, Tom and Tom. Their years of experience and industry knowledge will be a tremendous asset to the team as we continue to build out our global reinsurance platform.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service