Faries and Fox to speak at Alarys
Appleby Bermuda's Tim Faries and Eduardo Fox will be speaking at the Alarys and Apogeris Congress in Portugal today.
The two-day Alarys (Latin American Association on Risk Management and Insurance) and Apogeris (Associação Portuguesa de Gestão de Riscos e Seguros) conference which started in Porto yesterday, brings together chief risk officers and risk managers of leading companies in Latin America, Portugal, Spain and Italy.
The conference is geared to presidents of European risk management associations, representatives of insurance companies and chief executives from the financial world. Apogeris has teamed up with Alarys to host the conference.
Mr Faries, Bermuda managing partner and head of the firm's Latin America global team, will be speaking on the “Captives: domicile, jurisdictions and regulatory environment” panel.
Mr Fox, a member of the firm's Latin America team and Alarys board member, will be moderating the “Compliance & Business Continuity Management” panel.
The Alarys Congress connects risk professionals and thought leaders from numerous countries throughout Latin America, with a full agenda of roundtables, panel discussions and education sessions. This is the first time that Alarys has chosen to hold its annual conference in Europe.
Appleby says it is the only Bermuda organisation that has been present at every Alarys Congress since its inception in 1994, and was a catalyst for the conference taking place in Bermuda three times, the only non-Latin jurisdiction to do so.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service