Reinsurance hot topics on WiRe panel agenda
Women in Reinsurance is to host a virtual panel tomorrow to review hot topics and insights from the 2020 conference season.
The event will start at 4pm and Kathleen Reardon, WiRe director, will moderate the panel of re/insurance experts, comprising:
• Deanne Nixon, senior vice-president and chief underwriting officer, Weston Insurance Management
• Dan Malloy, chief executive officer, Third Point Re
• Victoria Carter, chairman of Global Capital Solutions, International for Guy Carpenter and Company Ltd
• Maamoun Rajeh, chairman and CEO, Arch Worldwide Reinsurance Group.
Ms Reardon said the idea behind the event was to support career development, in particular for WiRe members.
It will pick up on the major issues and trends discussed at reinsurance conferences around the world. The virtual panel discussion will have a strong educational element.
Ms Reardon said subject matter may include:
• Market conditions: how did we get here?
• Rates are going up, but capital is still plentiful – how does that work?
• Recent renewals: how do they set up the market for January 1 renewals?
• Defining and differentiating between the terms “hard market” and “hardening market”
• Capital raising: is it an offensive or defensive move?
• Prospects for M&A activity
• The virtual working environment
There will also be some time for questions for the panel.