Clare Himmer appointed president of Berkley Re UK
Former Bermudian-based re/insurance executive Clare Himmer has been appointed president of Berkley Re UK Ltd.
The appointment is effective from September 1.
WR Berkley Corporation said Richard Fothergill will continue as Berkley Re UK’s chief executive officer with the expectation that, by the end of 2021, Ms Himmer will be appointed CEO and Mr Fothergill will become chairman.
Ms Himmer was head of international treaty reinsurance at Allied World Assurance Company in Bermuda from 2003 until 2011.
She was most recently marketing director in the London office of specialty Bermudian-headquartered reinsurance group Sirius Point, where she focused on distribution and business development.
Prior to SiriusPoint’s founding earlier this year, Ms Himmer spent nearly eight years as director of and running Third Point Re Marketing (UK) Ltd, a UK subsidiary, providing marketing services on behalf of Third Point Re Bermuda.
Berkley said she has nearly 30 years of experience in the reinsurance industry with a particular focus on the London and international markets across multiple classes of business.
Ms Himmer is a graduate of the University of Leeds and a member of the Reinsurance Leaders Practice Group at the London Market Forum, Lloyd’s Market Association Sustainability Working Group and the Institute of Directors.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service