Paul Scope appointed chairman of Corant Global’s Bermuda operations
Corant Global has appointed veteran insurance executive Paul Scope as chairman of its Bermuda operations.
The company said Mr Scope joins with immediate effect, and will work alongside Chris Bonard, chief executive officer of Corant Bermuda and Ed Broking Bermuda, and John Turner, chairman of Ed Broking Bermuda.
Mr Scope, an established veteran of the Bermuda market with more than 40 years of industry experience, joins Corant from Willis Bermuda where he has been chairman since 2015.
Prior to that, Mr Scope founded Park International where he served as president and CEO for more than a decade, becoming chairman of The Park Group in 2003. He was appointed chairman and CEO of JLT Park Bermuda after the business was acquired by JLT in 2007.
Steve Hearn, Corant CEO, said: “Since 2019 we have bolstered our capabilities in Bermuda through our bespoke offering combined with our investment in technology and ability to attract industry talent.
“Paul’s appointment is indicative of our long-term ambitions in Bermuda and his invaluable expertise and deep market roots on the island will be integral to our continued strategic growth.”
Mr Scope said: “As the world’s second largest re/insurance market, and the largest alternative capital and captive market, Bermuda is full of tremendous opportunities.
“Corant’s entrance here demonstrated the global confidence in our market and addressed the demand for a truly independent service. I’ve been impressed by Corant’s development and scale of ambition and I look forward to expanding its portfolio and contributing to its ongoing success.”
Corant Global launched in January as the holding company for all the insurance interests of BGC Partners, Inc, the global brokerage and financial technology company.
The company provides global wholesale specialty insurance and reinsurance broking services and underwriting solutions through its specialist brands.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service