Sompo hires Billy Moore at US crop insurance subsidiary
Bermudian-based Sompo International Holdings Ltd, the global specialty property and casualty re/insurer, has appointed Billy Moore as senior vice-president of agency management for AgriSompo North America.
The organisation is Sompo International’s North American crop insurance platform.
The company said Mr Moore will report to Bob Haney, executive chairman of AgriSompo and chief executive officer of AgriSompo North America, the newly combined crop insurance operation made up of ARMTech and Diversified Crop Insurance Services.
Sompo said Mr Moore will be responsible for the overall management of agency relationships and the marketing of the company’s risk management offerings.
A graduate of Auburn University, Mr Moore has more than 25 years of crop insurance leadership and risk management experience, the company said.
His experience in the industry includes loss adjusting, sales and marketing, training, and general operations.
Most recently, Mr Moore served as chief operating officer and president of insurance for Ag Resource Management, a niche provider of agricultural finance and risk management products.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service