R&Q hires Robert Thomas as head of data
Bermudian-based Randall & Quilter Investment Holdings Ltd has appointed Robert Thomas as group head of data strategy and technology.
The company said Mr Thomas, who will be part of the R&Q executive team, will report directly to executive chairman William Spiegel.
He will be responsible for leading and developing R&Q’s data strategy, automation strategy as well as overseeing the group’s IT function.
The company said Mr Thomas, who starts his role on July 12, has more than 25 years of data, actuarial and technology experience in the insurance industry.
He joins R&Q from CNA, where he was SVP claim analytics, technology & operations, leading a team of analytics, technology, and operations staff. Previously, he was SVP & chief P&C actuary at The Hartford.
Mr Spiegel said: “In order to implement our long-term vision, and scale our business efficiently, a core priority of R&Q must be to focus on data, automation and technology strategies.
“Rob will play a critical role in developing and implementing our strategy in these areas. Rob brings outstanding experience leading data, analytics, and technology functions to deliver innovation and improve organisational efficiency.”
He added: “As our new group head of data strategy and technology, Rob will help us better use our data as a competitive advantage in both programme management and legacy insurance. I look forward to working closely with him on this exciting element of our future.”
R&Q is a non-life global specialty insurance company focusing on programme management and legacy insurance businesses.
Headquartered and operating in Bermuda with extensive operations in the US and Europe, it provides finality solutions for run-off portfolios and global programme capacity for MGAs and their reinsurers.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service