Special adviser for Essent
A veteran of the private and public sectors is to act as special adviser to the chairman and chief executive officer of Bermudian-based mortgage re/insurer Essent Group Ltd.
Adolfo Marzol’s appointment to assist Mark Casale was announced today.
Mr Casale said: “We are very pleased to have Adolfo serve in this advisory role given his extensive background, broad perspective on housing finance and depth and breadth of private and public sector experience.
“Adolfo played an instrumental role in Essent’s founding, and his deep knowledge across housing and mortgage finance will be valuable as we continue to expand and further strengthen our franchise.”
Mr Marzol said: “I am very pleased to serve as special adviser and to contribute to Essent’s continued growth and industry leadership.
“Mark and the Essent team have built a very successful company and I look forward to influencing strategy and helping the company carry out its vision.”
The company said Mr Marzol’s private sector experience includes senior-level leadership roles at Essent, Fannie Mae and Chase Manhattan Mortgage.
He also served in the US public sector as principal deputy director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency and, prior to that, as senior adviser to Ben Carson Sr, the 17th Secretary of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service