Hamilton hires Friston, begins writing financial lines
Hamilton Insurance Group Ltd has launched financial lines insurance on its Bermuda platform with the appointment of David Friston as senior vice-president, head of financial lines insurance, at Hamilton Re Ltd.
Mr Friston, who reports to Hamilton Re chief underwriting officer Tim Duffin, joined this month from AIG and is based in Bermuda.
Hamilton Re is the Bermudian-headquartered parent company’s island-based insurance and reinsurance operating subsidiary.
“We’re delighted to welcome Dave to the Hamilton team,” said Megan Thomas, CEO, Hamilton Re Ltd. “With his proven market leadership, deep experience and strong relationships, we're fortunate to have him on board to guide our growth in this important line of business.”
She added: “Dave joins Bermuda insurance leaders Gavin Davis, head of property D&F insurance and Elaine Scully, head of casualty insurance.
“These three lines together create a trifecta of insurance solutions in Bermuda to meet the needs of our clients.”
Mr Friston spent 11 years with AIG in Bermuda where he was senior vice-president and financial lines manager in addition to holding several directorships with AIG during his tenure.
Before AIG, Hamilton said, Mr Friston spent more than 15 years with various Chubb entities, based in London, Australia and New York, having started his career in banking, where he spent time working in India and London.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service