Robart joins SiriusPoint board
SiriusPoint Ltd, the global specialty re/insurer headquartered in Bermuda, has appointed financial services veteran and venture capitalist Jason Robart to the company’s board as an independent director.
Sid Sankaran, chairman and chief executive officer, said: “I am delighted to welcome Jason to the SiriusPoint board.
“He has outstanding credentials in financial services and human capital, and as a venture capitalist, a history of supporting entrepreneurial strategy to promote innovation and fundamental social change.”
Mr Robart is the co-founder and managing partner of Seae Ventures, an early-stage venture capital firm focused on supporting women, and BIPOC healthcare and fintech entrepreneurs. He sits on the boards of several Seae companies.
Before Seae, Mr Robart served as the chief strategy officer of Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts (BCBSMA) and previously as the chief human resources officer at BCBSMA, where he led a complete overhaul of the insurer’s human capital strategies to better align them with the changing dynamics of the Massachusetts healthcare landscape.
Mr Robart was also the president and CEO of Zaffre Investments and was a principal at Mercer Human Resource Consulting.
Mr Sankaran added: “After a year of significant transformation and progress for SiriusPoint, I am grateful to our board for their support and vision. The diverse experience and insight they bring to our company is a key element of SiriusPoint’s long-term success, positioning us to deliver sustainable value.
“With deep experience across human capital management and venture capital, Jason will be a terrific addition and a great complement to the skills and experience of our rich board.
“I am proud of what our board, executive leadership team and our colleagues across the globe have accomplished in our first year, and I am very excited about what we can achieve as we move forward together.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service