BDA team head to Silicon Valley
Government officials and the executives of the Bermuda Business Development Association delegation at Rims have moved on for the second part of their mission in California.
They took advantage of the Rims trip to the San Francisco Bay Area to also visit Silicon Valley, home to many of the world's largest high-tech corporations.
The BDA is already busy with next month’s Bermuda Climate Summit 2022. The by-invitation event has been themed Leading the Charge in Climate Risk Finance.
They are in partnership with the Association of Bermuda Insurers and Reinsurers and the rating agency KBRA for the two-day summit at the exclusive Rosewood Bermuda at Castle Harbour.
But today the island is hoping to develop new partnerships, through a whirlwind of business development meetings in Silicon Valley, focusing on technology, climate finance and venture capital.
These stakeholder engagement meetings, media interviews and business development meetings with fund managers, tech entrepreneurs and tech advisers are ideally timed to share with Bay Area leaders why Bermuda’s continuing strengths and recent innovations make it an ideal platform for global technology, risk transfer and climate finance solutions.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service