Biltir careers event at Warwick Academy
The Bermuda International Long Term Insurers and Reinsurers held a careers event at Warwick Academy to highlight the job opportunities in the island’s thriving life insurance industry.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, Biltir said, it was the first in-person careers event for the organisation in two years.
“Raising the awareness of the sector's job opportunities by providing education opportunities with schools is a key objective of Biltir, and resuming our career fairs was an important goal to meet that objective,” said executive director Martin Laframboise.
More than 30 senior school students heard about the wide range of careers, including underwriting, claims, actuarial, accounting, and risk analysis.
The session. organised by Biltir’s social committee, included presenters Matt McPhail of Fortitude Re, Kiara Somner of Global Atlantic Re, and Paolo Fiandesio of Resolution Life Re.
“It was great to have the opportunity for presenters to come into school again and for the students to find out what a variety of options are available for employment in the Bermuda workplace with insurance,” said Ralph Woods, head of sixth form at Warwick Academy.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service