Axis benefits unit emerges with new leadership
Axis Insurance, the specialty insurance business segment of Bermudian-based Axis Capital Holdings Limited, is combining its corporate accident and supplemental health benefits business under a new name, Axis Group Benefits.
The Axis Group Benefits business portfolio will be managed by the newly expanded team, providing dedicated specialists responsive to the dynamic needs of US employers and associations, the company said.
As part of the transition, Ternian Insurance Group LLC, which Axis acquired in 2014, is changing its name to Axis Group Benefits LLC.
The entity will continue to operate as a specialty MGU with its staff and principal office located in Phoenix.
The new team will sit within the Axis accident and health division.
The first product under the new name is expected to be announced later this year.
Doug Hayes, head of Ternian, will lead Axis Group Benefits, and will continue to report to James Hamilton, global head of accident and health at Axis.
Dominick Zenzola will lead underwriting operations and William Kramer will serve as head of sales.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service