Axa XL adds to marine risk unit
Axa XL has appointed Diego Cerquenich as senior risk consultant, marine, UK & Lloyd’s.
Captain Cerquenich will work with the marine underwriting team to further develop risk consultancy capabilities for clients and brokers.
He will report to Chris McGuire, head of risk consulting, UK & Lloyd’s while also working closely with Pascal Matthey, chief risk consulting officer, marine.
Sundeep Khera, global chief underwriting officer, marine hull and head of marine, UK & Lloyd’s, Axa XL, said: “Our risk consultants play a vital role in helping to guide our clients by providing market leading risk consulting services, while at the same time, supporting our underwriters’ risk selection and assessment.
“Diego’s valuable seafaring and marine warranty surveying experience, coupled with his loss prevention guidance, will bolster our already strong UK marine team, supporting our growth ambitions in the region and enhancing our risk management offering to clients. I’m delighted to welcome Diego to the team.”
As a master mariner, the company said, Captain Cerquenich has extensive maritime and shipping knowledge, including command experience on dry bulk cargo vessels.
In 2014, he turned his specialist skills to marine consultancy, focusing on investigating naval accident/incident, marine advice and charter party disputes as an expert witness and marine warranty surveyor.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service