Best to give reinsurance briefing at March risk summit
Ratings agency AM Best is to host a market briefing in Bermuda to discuss key trends and factors facing the re/insurance industry.
The briefing will be held on March 7 at the Hamilton Princess and Beach Club, and will coincide with the Bermuda Risk Summit 2023, slated for March 6-8 at the same location.
AM Best said senior analytical staff will be on hand to discuss developments around the recent January reinsurance renewals and the expectations for April and June with respect to pricing, capacity allocation and overall risk appetite.
Additional topics will include issues facing Florida’s property insurance market and a discussion on AM Best’s approach towards evaluating holding companies and available capital.
Stefan Holzberger, chief rating officer, and Anthony Diodato, managing director, will start the discussion and address reinsurance renewals and forecasts, along with trends in cyber and Florida.
A second session will look at market trends for DUAEs (designated underwriting authority enterprises) and the specialty fronting model, which will be led by senior director Greg Williams and managing director Ken Johnson, respectively.
Senior director Mahesh Mistry will discuss AM Best’s treatment of holding companies and available capital.
Matthew Mosher, the president and CEO, AM Best Rating Services, will also be in attendance and deliver opening remarks.
A networking reception will follow the conclusion of AM Best’s event at 4pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service