IGI Holdings buys Norwegian MGA
Bermuda-registered International General Insurance Holdings Ltd (IGI) has completed the acquisition of Norway-based managing general agency Energy Insurance Oslo AS.
The transaction included the acquisition of all outstanding shares of EIO. The entity, which is expected to be renamed IGI Nordic AS, is a subsidiary of Bermuda-based International General Insurance Co Ltd.
IGI has had an exclusive arrangement with EIO since 2009, writing a portfolio of energy and construction business in Norway.
IGI chairman and CEO Wasef Jabsheh said: “We are delighted to welcome the EIO team to the IGI group. The successful completion of our acquisition of EIO allows us to expand the existing book of energy and construction business and leverage our relationships to broaden our presence in the Nordic markets across other business lines.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service