Celebrating 125 years of Carey Olsen
On the eve of law firm Carey Olsen’s 125th birthday, group managing partner Alex Ohlsson said the company has “ambitious growth plans”.
“We are investing heavily in our people and our key systems, as well as in developing our environment, social and governance, and diversity and inclusion programmes, the latest of which is the launch of the Carey Olsen Women’s Network,” Mr Ohlsson said.
The Carey Olsen Women’s Network facilitates meaningful collaboration and support among women across the firm.
Mr Ohlsson was proud to be celebrating the milestone.
“Though we are now one of the largest offshore law firms, our heritage shines through as approachability, practicality and client relationships remain at the heart of our business,” Mr Ohlsson said.
In celebration of the anniversary, the firm will be hosting a series of events across its international network throughout 2023.
The original firm was founded in Guernsey in 1898 under the name Carey.
Carey developed and expanded by joining forces with other practitioners and at the turn of the last century was known as Carey Langlois, one of Guernsey’s largest law firms.
In 2003 Carey Langlois merged with prominent Jersey law firm Olsens to become Carey Olsen.
Carey Olsen now has offices in Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Cape Town, Guernsey, Hong Kong, Jersey, London and Singapore. It provides legal advice to global financial institutions, investment funds, private equity houses, multinational corporations, public organisations, sovereign wealth funds, high-net-worth individuals, family offices, directors, trustees and private clients.
Mr Ohlsson was grateful for their clients and staff.
“We look forward to continuing this exciting journey for many years to come,” he said.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service