Fortitude Re expands into Japan
Bermudian-based Fortitude Re has opened a representative office in Tokyo and appointed Hajime Kawafuji as its chief representative.
The company said Mr Kawafuji was a leader in the Japanese business community with a broad range of investing and advisory experience across several industries.
He joins Fortitude Re from global investment firm Carlyle, where he was a senior member of the Japan buyout advisory team.
Before Carlyle, Mr Kawafuji spent more than a decade at Nomura in its investment banking division.
The company said he would partner with Leonard Lin, head of Asia at Fortitude Re.
Alon Neches, CEO of Fortitude Re, said: “Our representative office in Tokyo further demonstrates our commitment to clients in Japan.
“Under Leonard and Kawafuji-san’s leadership, we will build our presence in the Japanese market to ensure local insurers benefit from the best of our firm’s capabilities to support their financial and strategic goals.”
Earlier this week, Fortitude Re celebrated the completion of a $2 million renovation project at their Chesney House, Pitts Bay Road headquarters.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service