Speaker for annual conference
The head of a Christian organisation works with adults with intellectually disabilities and their families and carers will be the guest speaker at a local conference.
Dr Russ Kinkade, the executive vice president of Shephers Ministries in Union Grove, Wisconsin, will speak at the Evangelical Church of Bermuda’s annual missions conference.
The conference’s theme is “Through the Eyes of Jesus”.
For more information on his ministry, visit www.shepherdsministries.org.
Dr. Kinkade and his wife Jean have been married for 33 years and have 3 children.
Special music is to be provided by Rev John and Jackie Mitchell, who are also on the staff of Shepherds Ministries.
The conference will commence with a Kick-Off Rally and a Kids for Missions session, beginning at 9.30am on Sunday, March 25, followed by the morning worship service at 10.45am with the theme “Through the Eyes of Jesus”.
The church will also hold a dinner at 6pm, followed by a multi-media presentation on the ministry of Shepherds Ministries at 7.30pm. Reservations are required for the dinner, but the presentation is open to all.
Nightly services will run from Monday, March 26 through Wednesday, March 28 at 7pm. Monday’s topic is “Designed On Purpose, For Purpose”; Tuesday is “Created for Community”; and Wednesday is “Empowered to Serve”.
There will also be a Ladies for Missions luncheon on Tuesday, March 27 at 12:30pm. The meal is free, but reservations are required and there will be a free-will offering.
Throughout the conference, the church also hopes to raise $20,000 towards the shepherds 50th Anniversary Capital Project at shepherds Ministries. Monies raised will be contributed towards the renovation of an apartment at the facility, equipment and materials, and towards a scholarship fund.
For more information, feel free to contact the Evangelical Church of Bermuda's office at 236-2294 or office[AT]ecb.bm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service