Audiences delighted by Butler’s play
By Sara WestheadAudiences were delighted last week when the production, ‘We Are Climbin’ Jacob’s Ladder’ opened at The First Church of God to the standing room only audience.
The play, which was written and directed by Dale Butler, is, “an inspirational, motivational mystery with the Giant Steps Band and an all-star cast”.
“People should see Jacob’s Ladder because it has an excellent band with excellent singers like Toni Robinson and June Caisey, to name just a few,” explained Mr. Butler.
“The audience jumped to their feet to give them a standing ovation,” he added.
Giant Steps Band is led by musical director and arranger, Max Maybury, and also features musicians Clarence “Tootsie” Bean, Quinton “Tiny” Burgess, Eugene “Stacker” Joell, Professor Keith Caisey and Denis Fox. Toni Robinson also served as the singing director for the production.
Using spirituals as the core of the story, “The cast consists of a variety of experienced local singers. The play involves an incident that takes place during a church service; it is full of singing , and on Sunday, lots of participation and a standing ovation.”
The musical will be making a tour of churches across the island, playing at Mt Zion AME on April 28, at Evening Light Pentecostal Church on May 12, and then at Glory Temple, St. David’s, on May 19th. All showings begin at 4pm. Tickets cost $50 for patrons, $25 for adults and $10 for children and are available from the appropriate churches.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service