All welcome to come pray
SUNDAY, AUGUST 7
First Church of God: The Women's Ministry will host its annual gospel cruise featuring “Last Call”, on board MV Longtail. Tickets, $45, include a meal and may be purchased by calling Roslyn Zuill on 238-2989 or 335-1260 or the Angle Street church's office on 292-2300. The boat leaves Albouy's Point at 3pm returning at 7pm.
SATURDAY, AUGUST 20
• Vernon Temple AME Church: Come and join us for a festive and fun tea and hat show at 3pm. Tickets are available from the church office on 238-1178.
SUNDAY, AUGUST 28
• Wesley Methodist Church: All of the island's educators are invited to join us for our back-to-school service at 11am. As we gear up for the start of a new academic year, we think it appropriate to ask God's guidance on everyone associated with the education of our young people as they prepare themselves to take advantage of the tremendous career opportunities that await them. Following the service, everyone is invited to join us in Dyer Hall for fellowship and light refreshments.
• Grace Methodist Church, 167 North Shore: Prayer and Bible study at 10am with Rev D'Wain Wales.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English) at 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Telephone 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people out to its 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church, at 23 Queen Street, St George, invites you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Telephone 297-0239 for more information.
• The Salvation Army in St George: Join them at 6 Governors Alley for their service at 11am and 6pm. During the week they have activities for all ages. Telephone 297-0267.
• Wesley Methodist Church, 41 Church Street, Hamilton: Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Telephone 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church: Community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1pm to 4pm at Church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road in Southampton. Call 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George: Children of all ages invited to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church, 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset: Free giveaway of clothing and more on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• St Andrew's Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray for individuals here and around the world.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset, is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Call 234-0492 or email@example.com
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith's will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset, is hosting Daily Bread's free dinner from 4-6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector's Hill, Smith's, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at T.N. Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone 537-6480.
• Peace Lutheran Church, 154 South Road, Paget: Homework time for middle school students. Free support/tutoring from 4pm to 5pm. For more information, call Pastor Karsten Decker, 236-5619.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for all ages at 7.30pm.
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077 for more information.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George, has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more information, telephone 297-0239.
• St John's Church on St John's Road, Pembroke: Prayer meeting at 1pm.
• Catalyst Men's Fellowship, Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mt Zion AME Church's weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. Check www.mtzion.bm for further details.
• St Andrew's Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets): Join us for a brown bag Bible study every second and fourth Wednesday, beginning at 12.30pm. Bring your lunch while having your spirit fed through God's word. Bibles are available. The study is for everyone so please bring a friend. See you there! Contact Rev Judith Gardner at email@example.com for more information.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. For more information regarding all services and events, call the church office on 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Join us for a community Bible study at noon. 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick with Rev Charles Smith.
• Bahá'í Faith: Weekly discussions on Bahá'í spiritual solutions to today's problems, 6.30pm to 8pm. All welcome. Bahá'í National Centre, Brunswick Street, Hamilton.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, from 7.30pm to 9pm, 238-5983.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual upliftment classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• From 10am to 2pm, Heard Chapel AME Church, 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke. Rosalie Johnson Missionary society distribution of breakfast food items for families in need. Call 292-3949 for information.
• Around Bermuda's Churches is compiled by Heather Wood. E-mail notices and updates to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Around The Churches”