Jehovah’s Witnesses hold assembly today
• Jehovah's Witnesses: Join us for an assembly based on Matthew 22:37, Maintain Love for Jehovah! We will feature content to help all in attendance cultivate and maintain a strong love for our creator, Jehovah God. Event starts 9.40am at Ruth Seaton James Auditorium, Devonshire. Admission is free.
• Heard Chapel AME Church: Join us for our Women's Day services at 11am and 4pm. Guest speaker is Lashonna Smith of Mount Zion AME Church. Lunch will be served between services. A donation of $10 will be accepted.
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 30
• Allen Temple AME Church: Join us for our Women's Day services at 11am and 4pm. Guest preacher is Debora Grant of Atlanta, Georgia.
• Peace Lutheran Church: All are welcome to join us for our reformation service in Paget at 10.30am.
• Wesley Methodist Church: Join us for our annual all saints/memorial service at 11am to remember, with thanksgiving, all who have passed on since last All Saints' Day. A cordial invitation is extended to all who have lost loved ones during the year.
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 6
• St Andrew's Presbyterian Church: Join us as we celebrate Judith Gardner's first year as pastor of St Andrew's Church. Hope to see you there. Refreshments will be provided after the 11am service.
• Miracle Temple: Join us as we celebrate the 11th pastoral anniversary of our Pastor, Clark Minors, and first lady Beverley Minors and family. Administrative Bishop Lloyd Duncan will speak at Heritage Worship Centre at 11.15am and Miracle Temple at 6.30pm.
FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 11
• Centenary United Methodist Women: Annual Christmas tea and sale from 2pm to 5pm at Stephenson Memorial Hall, corner of Collector's Hill and South Shore Road, Smith's. Delicious home-baked goods, plants, Christmas items and popular afternoon tea will all be on offer. Bring your friends and enjoy an afternoon of fellowship at this popular event.
• Grace Methodist Church, 167 North Shore: Prayer and Bible study at 10am with the Reverend D'Wain Wales.
• Widows fellowship group: Every third Saturday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Vernon Temple administration office. Telephone 297-2101 or 704-3077.
• Bilingual worship (Spanish/English) 6.30pm at Warwick Seventh-day Adventist Church Fellowship Hall, 92 South Shore Road. Call 236-0077 or 537-4857.
• St Philip AME Church will have its church school every Sunday at 9.30am. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• Emmanuel Baptist Church, at 35 Dundonald Street, Hamilton, invites people to 11am services.
• Richard Allen AME Church, at 23 Queen Street, St George, invites you to join them for their morning worship and praise service at 11am and their church school at 9.30am. Telephone 297-0239 for more information.
• The Salvation Army: Join them at 6 Governors Alley, St George for services at 11am and 6pm. During the week they have activities for all ages. Telephone 297-0267 for more details.
• Wesley Methodist Church, 41 Church Street, Hamilton: Sunday school at 10.30am. All children are welcome. Call 292-0418.
• Southampton Seventh-day Adventist Church community giveaway every third Sunday of the month including clothing, food and shoes from 1-4pm at Church Fellowship Hall on Middle Road, Southampton. Call 238-1080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Church school from 10.30am to 11.30am, morning worship at 10am.
• Ebenezer Methodist Church at 7 York Street, St George: Children of all ages invited to Sunday School at 11am.
• Somerset Seventh-day Adventist Church, 6 Beacon Hill, Somerset: Free giveaway of clothing and more on the fourth Sunday of each month from noon to 4pm.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the first Sunday of each month from 10am to 12pm. Located in the parsonage behind the church.
• Chapel-of-Ease Anglican Church St David's welcomes children to Sunday School at the hall every Sunday from 9am to 10am.
• St Andrew's Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets) will have its prayer group in the sanctuary, 12.45pm to 1.15pm. The group meets on the first and third Monday of each month to pray for individuals here and around the world.
• First Church of God on Sound View Road, Somerset, is running a TLC Institute Community School, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 2.30pm. Please call 234-0492 or email@example.com
• St Philip AME Church at 102 Harrington Sound Road, Smith's will hold its Tuesday night prayer and Bible study from 7pm to 8.30pm. Telephone 293-0882 for more information.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset, is hosting Daily Bread's free dinner from 4pm to 6pm.
• New Life Church of the Nazarene: Prayer and Bible study at its location on Collector's Hill, Smith's, at 7pm.
• The Bermuda Bible Institute: A Bible study at T.N. Tatem Middle School, 7pm to 8pm. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call 537-6480 for information.
• Peace Lutheran Church, 154 South Road, Paget: Homework time for middle school students. Free support/tutoring from 4pm to 5pm. For more information, call Pastor Karsten Decker on236-5619.
• St Philip AME Church: Prayer and Bible study, 102 Harrington Sound Road, at 7.30pm
• Baha'i National Centre, Brunswick Street: Devotional programme to foster the enlightenment and illumination of the souls of men and the advancement and betterment of our world. Held the first Sunday of the month at 11am, followed by a luncheon.
• Midland Heights Seventh-day Adventist Church, 145 North Shore Road, Hamilton Parish: Free clothing for all ages at our boutique which is open on the third Tuesday of each month. From 11.30am to 1.30pm starting October 18. Boutique is located in the parsonage behind the church.
• The First Church of God at 75 Sound View Road, Somerset holds a TLC Bible study for all ages at 7.30pm
• Widows fellowship group will be meeting every second Wednesday from 4.30pm to 6pm at Bethel AME Church. Contact Hope Lowe on 297-2101 and 704-3077 for more information.
• Richard Allen AME Church at 23 Queen Street, St George, has a Bible class every Wednesday at 7.30pm. For more information, telephone 297-0239.
• St John's Church on St John's Road, Pembroke: Prayer meeting at 1pm
• Catalyst Men's Fellowship, Bible reflection and prayer from 1pm to 2pm second Wednesday each month at Cathedral Hall, Church Street.
• Mount Zion AME Church's weekly Bible study at 7.30pm. See www.mtzion.bm for details.
• St Andrew's Presbyterian Church (the pink church on the corner of Church and Court Streets): Join us for a brown bag Bible study every second and fourth Wednesday, beginning at 12.30pm. Bring your lunch while having your spirit fed through God's word. Bibles are available. The study is for everyone so please bring a friend. See you there! You should get in touch with the Reverend Judith Gardner at email@example.com for more information.
• Hamilton Seventh-day Adventist Church welcomes all to a weekly prayer meeting. Service starts at 6.30pm. For more information about all services and events, call the church office on 292-7885.
• Bright Temple AME Church: Community Bible study at noon. 28 Spring Hill Road, Warwick with the Reverend Charles Smith.
• Bahá'í Faith: Weekly discourse on the betterment of Bermuda spiritually, socially, educationally and intellectually. From 7pm to 8.30pm at Baha'i National Centre, Brunswick Street entrance.
• Bermuda Islamic Cultural Centre: Islam In Focus. Tune to ZBM radio 1340 AM, 6.15pm to 7pm for Islamic news, world affairs, Holy Koran teachings.
• Nehemiah Bible Conference Institute Revival Assembly: Every week at 23 Ewing Street, from 7.30pm to 9pm, 238-5983.
• African Hebrew Israelites: New World classes on the African Edenic Presence in the Bible and the Holy Land; spiritual upliftment classes, at Dellwood Middle School from 6.30pm to 8.30pm. Phone 294-4134.
• From 10am to 2pm, Heard Chapel AME Church, 42 Glebe Road, Pembroke. Rosalie Johnson Missionary society distribution of breakfast food items for families in need. Call 292-3949 for more details.
• Around Bermuda's Churches is compiled by Heather Wood. E-mail notices and updates to hwood@ royalgazette.com with the subject line “Around The Churches”