Jehovah’s Witnesses promise hope for the future
Jehovah’s Witnesses in Bermuda are inviting the public to join them tomorrow for a special programme, entitled “You Can Face the Future with Confidence”.
The 30-minute presentation can be viewed at Kingdom Halls across the island. It promises hope to anyone facing a challenge that seems overwhelming.
“The Bible holds out a powerful hope for the future that can help us right now,” said Luke Branco, spokesman for Jehovah's Witnesses in Bermuda.
Bible study helped Sheridan Nusum, who was devastated after he lost his wife, Freida, to Covid-19.
“I was thinking, 'How can I go on without her?' She was my world,” he said. “Study brought me around and helped me trust in my hope of seeing my dear loved ones again.”
It also helped Andrea Carlington, who had to care for an ageing parent, while dealing with her own cancer diagnosis.
“Sometimes, you feel fearful and paralysed. You feel as if you can’t cope,” she said. “The more I study God's word, the stronger I am. I can express my faith and go with the strength I have, knowing God will do the rest. Knowing what the future holds means that no matter what you face now, you have hope to never give up.”
The presentation will be shared in all 118,000 congregations of Jehovah's Witnesses around the world during the first week of April.
A second presentation, observing the memorial of Jesus Christ’s death, will take place in local Kingdom Halls on Tuesday.
• Admission to both events is free. For more information visit jw.org under the “attend a meeting” section
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service