Bermuda squad named for Championship clash
Bermuda rugby men's national coach Jamie Barnwell has named a number of young players in his national squad for next month's second Rugby Americas North Championship match against either Guyana or Guadeloupe.
An initial sizeable squad has been named with an intriguing mixture of experienced heads and talented youngsters.
Within the 42-man squad is eleven uncapped players including Miguel Postlethwaite, Darren Klein, Felix Obas, Ja'kee Simmons, George Peets, Jahniko Francis, Ryan Murray, Paolo Sousa, Michael Keyes, Mike Halbert and Chi Smith.
Renegades captain Peter Dunkerley has once again been selected to lead the side alongside Aldo Campbell, as they seek to win a first Caribbean Championship since 2012.
Bermuda must do without injured players Ben Green (shoulder), Simon Pettler (finger) and Danny Pell (Concussion) in the upcoming game but are able to welcome into the squad Paolo Sousa, Jahniko Francis and Mandela Caesar.
While there is some serious talent missing out, Barnwell has selected a strong squad, with several of the younger players that featured in the recent Ariel Re Sevens making the cut.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service