Ebbin continues climb in Cyprus
Christian Ebbin continued his ascent up the leaderboard during the third day of racing at the Optimist World Championship in Limassoi, Cyprus yesterday.
The Somersfield Academy pupil finished seventh and eighteenth in the fifth and sixth races of the 12-race series, which catapulted him from 105th to 75th.
Ebbin is four places behind compatriot Sebastian Kempe who still leads Bermuda's sailors in Cyprus despite losing ground in the overall standings.
The Saltus Grammar School pupil endured his worst showing with finishes of 26th and 28th, dropping from 45th to 71st in the pecking order. Also making headway was Leyli Walker who climbed from 204th to 197th after finishes of 35th and 49th.
Magnus Ringstead remains in 230th after finishes of 56th and 45th while Ahzai Smith placed 63rd and 61st to slip from 206th to 227th.
Marco Gradoni, of Italy, remains the overall leader and has won every race so far while the girls' division has a new leader as Yanne Broers, of the Netherlands, has replaced Swiss rival Anja von Allmen at the top.
Broers is eighth overall and Allmen eleventh. The championship is being hosted by the Famagusta Nautical Club.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service