7010 results returned for search: "" category ("Court" AND "News")
Two men denied being involved in a brawl during the holiday weekend.
Keishun Trott, 28, and T’naji Taylor, 24, both pleaded not guilty in Magistrates’ Court yesterday to taking part in a fight. Mr Taylor, from Southampton, also pleaded not guilty to...
DATE: Jun 19, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
The Court of Appeal was urged to overturn a murder conviction on the basis that fresh evidence had arisen.
Jerome Lynch QC, lawyer for Khyri Smith-Williams, told the court last week that two affidavits, one signed and one not, could raise doubts on t...
DATE: Jun 19, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A legal row between two of the island’s top prosecutors is expected to go before the Court of Appeal today.
Larry Mussenden, the Director of the Department of Public Prosecutions, will appeal a judge’s decision regarding the way he handled a complain...
DATE: Jun 19, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
A Warwick man appeared in Magistrates’ Court today accused of assaulting a police officer.
Keevon Holdipp, 32, pleaded not guilty to the charge and another a charge of resisting arrest.
Both incidents were alleged to have occurred on June 15 in South...
DATE: Jun 18, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
Lawyers for a man fighting for Bermuda status told London’s Privy Council that his lack of status was “unfair” and an “anomaly”.
Richard Drabble, QC, told the court that Bermudian-born Michael Barbosa cannot apply for Bermudian status because he was ...
DATE: Jun 14, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A Warwick man accused of a 2017 fatal shooting was unanimously found guilty by a jury yesterday.
Kiari Tucker, 22, was found guilty on charges that he murdered Morlan Steede and used a firearm to commit an indictable offence after 5½ hours of deliber...
DATE: Jun 14, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
The island’s top magistrate said that it was “beyond comprehension” that he had to incarcerate a man in order to help him with his mental health and drug problems.
Senior magistrate Juan Wolffe added that is was “absolute madness” that an offender li...
DATE: Jun 14, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
A Southampton man has been banned from the roads for 18 months after crashing his car while impaired.
Magistrates’ Court heard that Perry Jones, 46, swerved into the opposite lane on Middle Road, Paget, on April 10, where he collided with another car...
DATE: Jun 14, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
A police officer and two other men were accused of destroying traffic tickets yesterday.
Kyle Wheatley, 34, was charged with conspiring to pervert the course of justice by planning the destruction or suppression of traffic tickets between July 1, 2...
DATE: Jun 13, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
A man charged with fracturing a woman’s shin appeared in Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Kingston Darrell, 26, pleaded not guilty to unlawfully wounding Jashaunte Furbert-Tuzo in Pembroke on February 10.
Mr Darrell, from Devonshire, was released on $3,...
DATE: Jun 12, 2019
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|