7010 results returned for search: "" category ("Court" AND "News")
A “remorseless” gunman was jailed for life yesterday for the murder of wheelchair-bound Lorenzo Stovell.
Puisne Judge Charles-Etta Simmons ordered that Travone Saltus, 30, serve at least 15 years of the sentence before he became eligible for parole.
...
DATE: Oct 02, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A Southampton man who admitted prowling said he was collecting aloe to treat his ailments.
Steven Raynor, 53, was arrested on September 27 after the residents of a Colony Lane home saw him on their property that evening. Police responded to the repor...
DATE: Oct 01, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A “very ugly scene” in Magistrates’ Court yesterday prompted Martha Dismont, the executive director of Family Centre, to criticise “a lack of proper care and treatment of our most vulnerable population”.
Ms Dismont said she had observed “a very disco...
DATE: Sep 28, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Jonathan Bell
A homeless man who admitted a string of thefts from homes was remanded in custody and ordered to attend drug treatment court.
Magistrates’ Court heard on Wednesday that Neville Woods broke into three homes, tried to break into another and resisted ar...
DATE: Sep 28, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A Pembroke man found with open beer bottles in his car has been banned from driving for a year.
Jakai Harford, 35, was stopped by police at about 12.40am on September 2.
Magistrates’ Court heard yesterday that officers in an unmarked police car saw H...
DATE: Sep 28, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A 46-year-old guest worker has denied an allegation that he sexually assaulted a woman in St George’s.
The man, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, denied the charge on July 21 in Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo relea...
DATE: Sep 28, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A jury found Travone Saltus guilty of the gang-related shooting of wheelchair-bound Lorenzo Stovell last night.
The five men and seven women on the jury delivered a 10-2 majority verdict after more than six hours of deliberation.
Saltus was convicted...
DATE: Sep 27, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
The absence of a key witness sparked a retrial in the case of Travone Saltus, who was last night convicted of the murder of wheelchair-bound Lorenzo Stovell.
Saltus was convicted of the killing last year and sentenced to 25 years behind bars.
However...
DATE: Sep 27, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A man accused of murder shot a paralysed man dead to earn his “stripes” in a West End gang, Supreme Court heard yesterday.
However, Richard Horseman, lawyer for defendant Travone Saltus, said the Crown’s entire case was built on the evidence of Troy ...
DATE: Sep 26, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|
AUTHOR:
Owain Johnston-Barnes
A 42-year-old woman was fined $200 yesterday after admitting trespassing at a Hamilton Parish grocery store.
Tomika Swan-Taylor, from Hamilton Parish, pleaded guilty to trespassing at the Shelly Bay MarketPlace on August 16.
Magistrates’ Court hear...
DATE: Sep 26, 2018
|
CATEGORY:
Court
|