Parish ‘oldies’ looking for league/cup double
Hamilton Parish will be looking to finish the 2011/12 campaign off with a bang when they face Southampton Rangers in Sunday's Masters Knockout Cup final at Bernard Park.
With the league title already under their belt, Hot Peppers have now set their sights on achieving the coveted Masters league and cup double.
But standing in their way is a Rangers side they have yet to beat at this level, let alone this season.
The two sides battled to exciting 4-4 draws in their two league meetings earlier this season and Sunday's cup final is expected to be just as electrifying.
“We have never beaten Rangers in this league, so it should be a very competitive match,” said Hot Peppers talisman Corey Hill.
Hill forms part of an explosive Parish front line that has ripped defences apart all season.
Irving Burgess is the team's leading goal poacher with 24 goals to his credit while Hill and Sean Dill both have 21.
The trio were members of Hot Peppers' 2004-05 Premier team that lost 2-0 to North Village in the FA Cup final.
“Believe it or not none of us has won anything for Peppers so to do the double is extremely important to us,” Hill added.
Rangers' team also boasts a number of former Premier players such as Sammy Swan, Sheridan Ming, Vernon Eve and cousins Janeiro and Kwame Tucker to name a few.
Like their rivals, Rangers striker Swan says his team are also looking to finish the season off strongly.
But he is wary their task wont be easy.
“It's going to be a battle all the way to the end,” the former PHC and Bermuda striker said. “It's always a tough match against Parish.
“They haven't lost this season and have been very consistent. That's how they won the league.”
Raymond (Bootsie) Outerbridge will wear the captain's armband Parish while Jason Raynor will lead a Rangers side that has only tasted defeat once this season.
Sunday's Masters Knockout Cup final will precede the BFA Challenge Cup semi-final between Dandy Town and Wolves.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service