Zebras edge closer to title
PHC Zebras put one hand on the Women’s Futsal Championship at Dellwood Middle School Gym at the weekend.
Zebras replaced North Village Rams at the top of the table courtesy of an emphatic 8-2 victory over Dandy Stars Brown.
PHC dominated the match with their route one play and defended superbly to keep their opponents attackers at bay.
Aaliyah Nolan led Zebras scoring with four goals, Waynesha Bean added a brace while Micah Pond and Asia Joell also got in on the scoring act.
Dandy Stars Brown replied through goals from Jahziyah Samuels and Cally Blakendal.
Defending champions Rams saw their title hopes virtually dashed after suffering a 8-6 loss to Dandy Stars Gold.
Dandy Stars Gold led 6-3 at halftime and withstood a spirited Rams’ fightback after the restart to come away with maximum points.
Rayni Maybury netted a hat-trick to lead Dandy Stars Gold scorers, Cleshaunay Darrell-Virgil added a brace while Kashintae Fox, K'Sheala Burch Waldron and Alexis Trott also got their names on the scoresheet. Kyla Ramatar netted a hat- trick in a losing cause for Rams while teammates Leanne Yates, LeiLanni Nesbeth and Smira Lowe-Darrell added one apiece.
Saturday’s remaining match saw Young Men’s Social Club outscore winless Hamilton Parish 6-2.
Bluebirds led 4-1 at the half and never looked back in this one-sided affair.
Zekia Lewis lead Bluebirds scoring with a hat-trick, Sher-Kyra Outerbridge added a brace while the versatile Ebonie Burgess rounded off her team’s scoring.
Hot Peppers replied through goals from Asrael Dasden and Keisha Hollis.
Somerset Trojans had a bye.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service