Zebras clinch maiden title
PHC Zebras had plenty to celebrate at Dellwood Middle School Gym after clinching a maiden Women’s Futsal League title on Saturday.
Zebras outshot Somerset Trojans 5-2 in their final league outing of the season to finish three points clear of nearest rivals and defending champs North Village Rams at the top of the standings.
The versatile Micah Pond, who also played in goal at one stage of the match, led Zebras to victory with a superb hat-trick while Kalay Hollis and Sideya Dill also got in on the scoring act. Trojans replied through goals from Eva Frazzoni and Dazhya Greaves.
Zebras led 2-1 at the half before eventually opening the floodgates in the second half to chalk up a tenth win of the season.
Trojans’ loss coupled with Dandy Stars Gold’s convincing 9-1 win against Young Men’s Social Club saw the former club slip from third to fourth in the standings.
Cleshaunay Darrell-Virgil led Dandy Stars Gold’s goal feast with seven goals while K’Sheala Burch-Waldron and Atiyah Symonds also got their names on the scoresheet.
Zekiah Lewis netted Bluebirds’ consolation.
Virgil’s seven-goal haul enabled her to leapfrog Trojans’ Frazzoni and Zebras’ Pond to finish as the league’s top scorer. Virgil ended the league campaign with 31 goals, Pond 28 and Frazzoni 27.
Saturday’s remaining game saw Dandy Stars Brown cruise to a comfortable 11-3 win against a depleted Hamilton Parish side who ended the season winless.
Cheyra Bell, Zara Gibbons and Jahziyha Samuels all netted hat-tricks while Jada Samuels and Mioshi Harris added one apiece for the winning team.
Carol Jackson also netted a hat-trick in a losing cause for the Hot Peppers.
Defending champions Rams had a bye.
This Saturday will see the Women's All-Star Game take centre stage at Bermuda College Gym, beginning at 7pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service