Leverock surprised by scoring exploits
Danté Leverock admits his scoring exploits during his debut season at Estonian Premier League side Narva Trans has exceeded his expectations.
The Bermuda defender has scored seven goals, more than double the amount he had set out to achieve after joining the club at the start of the season.
“My target was three goals at the start of the season,” Leverock said. “I've scored some match-winning goals, so that's been a huge confidence booster.
“I've quickly become an important player the team depends on to do well. I enjoy having that responsibility of being a leader.
“This season has been great for me so far. I feel the best I've felt; I definitely feel my overall game has matured. The games I play at the professional level, the more I feel comfortable.”
Leverock signed a one-year deal for Narva Trans in January and scored on his debut in their 5-0 win away to Kuressaare.
“We have had a decent season, playing in the Europa League and getting into the next round of the Estonian Cup, which is important for us to qualify for next year's Europa League,” Leverock said.
“We recently had a new manager [Cenk Ozcan] take over so it's been a transition, but he's a very good coach and the players have taken to him quickly. We've done well since he's come in.”
Narva Trans lost 5-1 on aggregate to Zeljeznicar Sarajevo in the their Europa League first-round qualifier.
The 26-year-old has been named in Bermuda's 22-man squad for their first Concacaf Nations League qualifier away to Aruba on September 9. The match has been moved to the Stadion Ergilio Hato in Curaçao because Aruba's home venue is unavailable.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service