Five-star Parish off to flyer
Wolves 0 Hamilton Parish 5
Hamilton Parish showed early signs of being promotion contenders with a big win over Wolves at Garrison Field yesterday.
Omar Allen, deputising for coach Corey Hill, was pleased with his team's performance.
“This was the first game of the season, we stuck to the game plan and accomplished our objective, which was to get three points,” he said. “We're aiming for promotion.”
The game started in blazing hot conditions and it was Parish that kept the heat on with five unanswered goals.
Captain Shayne Hollis and Chris Caisey teamed up well with Shakeem Albuoy up front to torment Wolves' defence with their speed and defence-splitting passes.
It was Caisey who gave Albuoy a through ball, which he ran onto, beating goalkeeper Gahwoine Minors to the ball and tucking it under his body for the opener.
Lamont Brangman should have equalised for Wolves minutes later when he beat the offside trap but blasted his shot high and wide.
Any thoughts Wolves had of a comeback were thwarted two minutes into the second half when Caisey played a pass into the box for Kneiko Richardson to dummy allowing the ball to roll to Albuoy, who slammed his shot high into the net.
Wolves had an opportunity to pull one back when goalkeeper Reid Trott was penalised for handling a back pass.
The resulting free kick went untouched across the goalmouth.
Jeremiah Steede hit a side-footed shot over goalkeeper Minors before Jordan Burgess squeezed an effort in at the near post. Caisey rounded out the scoring when he curled a free kick into the far corner.
Wolves (4-3-3): G Minors — Z Romaine (sub: C Holdipp, 82min), Javon Minors, L Paynter, A Francis — K Ming, S Almeida (sub: A Brangman, 72), R Ford (sub: V Minors – 61) — S Daniels, M Ming, L Brangman. Booked: Almeida, Minors, Holdipp
Hamilton Parish (4-3-3): R Trott — M Rudo, K Cann, A Samuels, Q Glasford — R Richardson (sub: J Burgess, 71), K Richardson (sub: J Steede, 54), E Hassan (sub: J Fox, 60) — C Caisey, S Hollis, S Albuoy
Referee: A. Francis
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service