Village make easy work of Paget
North Village 3 Paget Lions 0
North Village battered Paget Lions into submission at Bernard Park yesterday.
Village wasted no time going for the jugular against a Paget side that offered little resistance.
The home side opened their account in the seventeenth minute when Giniko Butterfield, providing a deep cross, found Che'kai Caisey who rose above his defender to head home.
Village were rewarded, again, with their second goal in the 35th minute. Caisey supplied the corner that Kyler Knights, perched at the back-post, rose to head into the net.
The home side struck again in the 74th minute when Kevan Smith delivered a cross from just outside the box.
Smith-DeShields, left unchecked, fired in a header from three yards that nestled into the net. Lions pressed on, finding their stride and stringing together a series of dangerous passes in the goal area, which their strikers were unable to finish.
Randy Spence, the Village coach, said: “We have been stressing the importance of playing as a collective unit. Hopefully with every win our team will continue to build in confidence.”
Robert Lee, the Lions coach, added: “Our goal this year is to compete. Our team fought hard today, but in the final analysis, we lacked mental toughness.”
North Village (4-3-3): T Bell — T Fray, K Knights, J Briers, J Davis — P Smith, Z Hendrickson, C Caisey, J Williams (sub: P Castle, 80min) — L Dill (sub: J Smith-DeShields, 59), G Butterfield (sub: K Smith, 67). Substitutes not used: D Dillas, K Jennings, K Evans.
Paget Lions (4-4-1-1): J Beach — M Burch, J Carpenter, J White, A Bean — T Welch, D Curtis (sub: D Hart, 64), K Smith (sub: K Worrell, 75), D Frost — K Hill-Tuzo — S Richardson (sub: K Whitter, 59). Substitutes not used: D Smith, D Fox. Booked: Welch.
Referee: A Francis.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service