Simmons doubtful for Hood
Lejuan Simmons, the Robin Hood forward, is doubtful for his team's Dudley Eve Trophy group match against Devonshire Cougars tomorrow night at Goose Gosling Field.
Simmons netted Hood's goal in a 1-1 draw with Cougars in their Premier Division opener at the same venue last Saturday but pulled a hamstring late in the match and had to be replaced.
John Barry Nusum, the Hood coach, suggested that he may rest his team's captain.
“He's moving around, but I think I may rest him for that game,” Nusum said.
“It doesn't seem as bad as we anticipated it would be. But he has played a lot of football lately, training with us and the national team, and also been away [for (Concacaf Nations League qualifier against Aruba], so he might need a small break.”
Simmons gave Hood the lead in the first half with a superb effort before an own goal by midfielder Phillip Parsons handed Cougars a point late on.
The two sides will now meet again for the second time in five days in their final Dudley Eve Trophy group B match, which will determine which two teams will progress to the semi-final.
Hood are virtually through having thrashed Somerset Trojans 7-1 in their group opener at Goose Gosling Field last Thursday.
Trojans will be looking for Hood to do them a favour by beating Cougars, last season's Dudley Eve Trophy runner's up, in order to advance to the last four.
“Fate will decide on how it's going to go,” Maceo Hunt, the Trojans coach, said. “But of course I'm grateful that we are still in it.”
Trojans got a leg in the next round after beating Cougars 2-0 in their opening group match.
Cougars and Hood will kick off tomorrow night's doubleheader at 7pm.
That match will then be followed by the group A contest between PHC Zebras and North Village at 9pm.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service