BBFS to hold fundraiser for Belboda
The Bermuda Brazilian football School will host a potluck supper tomorrow night at Ocean View Club, with proceeds used to assist Malachai Belboda, a young footballer who is in Fulham's under-12 academy.
The BBFS is encouraging local football fans to support the former BAA forward, the son of Marvin Belboda, who played for Bermuda.
“Malachai is an outstanding student-athlete and is working hard to achieve his goals,” said Cal Blankendal, the BBFS chief executive.
“All funds raised will go towards his studies and additional private coaching lessons to ensure that he is able to expedite his academic and football development.
“Malachai is also excelling off the field as he continues to achieve high marks on his exams and projects.”
Blankendal added: “BBFS is very proud to have one of our former members enter a professional English Premier League academy. We will continue to offer Malachai and other student-athletes our support so that they may achieve their personal goals and objectives in life.”
The Belboda family took Malachai to England in 2017 to help him pursue his footballing dreams after initially being spotted by a scout while playing in a local tournament.
He was offered trials with West Ham United, Arsenal and Crystal Palace before opting to join Fulham after initially going to Palace.
Malachai was spotted while playing at a Vinzie Zuill Footy Promotions camp in 2016.
The supper will run from 6 to 9pm and cost is $15 per plate, sit in or take out.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service