Bristol City go down to Luton Town
Nahki Wells and his Bristol City team-mates tasted defeat in their final game of 2020 when they went down 2-1 to Luton Town at Kenilworth Road last night.
The defeat, City’s ninth from 22 games, drops them to tenth in the Sky Bet Championship, now five points from the second automatic promotion spot and three points from the play-off positions.
Wells had his best two scoring opportunities soon after Luton scored their goals in the seventeenth and 68th minutes, putting chances wide from inside the box in the 30th and 71st minutes. He was substituted in the 88th minute.
Glenn Rea opened the scoring for Luton before an own goal from Sonny Bradley levelled the score in the 61st minute. Kieran Dewsbury-Hall scored the winner in the 68th minute.
Leaders Norwich City drew 1-1 at home to Queens Park Rangers while Swansea City, five points behind, play their midweek match tonight, at home to Reading. In the other match, Brentford, fourth, meet third-placed Bournemouth. The two clubs are level on 38 points, six behind Norwich.
Bristol City face another tough away match on Saturday when they travel to West London to meet Brentford, who just missed out on automatic promotion last season.
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service