Cougars forward Elisha Darrell doubtful for league clash
Devonshire Cougars could be without prolific goal scorer Elisha Darrell for their rescheduled Premier Division match with Dandy Town at Devonshire Recreation Club tonight (8pm).
Originally slated to take place on Friday, February 3, the match was postponed as a result of an island-wide power outage and Cougars may now have to do without their talented 23-year-old goalscorer, who was injured in a 2-1 defeat at home to St George’s Colts in the FA Cup quarter-final last week.
Darrell has tormented defenders and formed a lethal partnership alongside fellow forward Domico Coddington as Cougars hunt for the Premier Division title but the team recently received a boost when Bermuda forward Lejuan Simmons returned as a substitute during the cup match last week.
Coach Kwame Steede’s side are fourth in the league, five points adrift of leaders St George’s, who they face for the second time in eight days at Wellington Oval on Saturday.
Town are playing merely for pride after a poor run of form and they will again be without captain Angelo Simmons. who has yet to fully recover from a slight tear in his calf muscle.
Town beat bottom side Robin Hood 2-0 in their previous league outing and can leapfrog Hamilton Parish into fifth with victory.
“The team is looking forward to the match,” Simmons said. “We had a week off so the guys are looking to get back into action and finish the season strong.
“We will push strong and hopefully we can get three points and climb as high as we can up the table.”
2. Please respect the use of this community forum and its users.
3. Any poster that insults, threatens or verbally abuses another member, uses defamatory language, or deliberately disrupts discussions will be banned.
4. Users who violate the Terms of Service or any commenting rules will be banned.
5. Please stay on topic. "Trolling" to incite emotional responses and disrupt conversations will be deleted.
6. To understand further what is and isn't allowed and the actions we may take, please read our Terms of Service